An industry super fund for all Australians, Australian Catholic Superannuation aims to maximize retirement benefits by providing all individuals with various venture alternatives that permits lifetime of investment. All Catholic sectors related to education, healthcare, aged care, and welfare are catered by Australian Catholic Superannuation. As a matter of fact, it has earned a variety of industry awards in the recent years. Australian Catholic Superannuation was the winner of the Innovation and Transformation award at the Conexus Financial Superannuation Awards 2017. Recognised as an ABA100 winner for process improvement in 2017. Received the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees 2016 Best Member Facing Project (FUM under $10bn) Award for Excellence and many more recognitions beside these awards mentioned.
The Fund saw the opportunity to reduce the amount of hard and soft bounces in their email sends, with the opportunity to improve their delivery rate and member satisfaction.
Many members had provided their work email address and had not updated their details when starting employment at a new place of work.
This was an opportunity for improvement as more than 2,000 members had invalid emails.
Hoosh’s SMS Program works by automatically sending an SMS to members when their email bounces.
The primary objective is to obtain updated and correct email addresses to benefit the members in the future.
Receive the new or updated email
The SMS program sends personalised SMS messages with a member’s first name and details whose emails have bounced recently or even a while ago.
Confirm the email address
Once a member replies with a new or updated email address, Australian Catholic Superannuation confirms the email address again through its call center.
- Amongst members whose email address had previously bounced, 56% responded via SMS with their new email address.
- Of those who responded, 93% provided their new or corrected work email address.
- This resulted in a large increase in the number of existing members who are now receiving news and updates from Australian Catholic Superannuation.
- The Fund found new opportunities to retarget and send new email campaigns to prospective members.
- Australian Catholic Superannuation was able to obtain additional data from their clients with some members replying with reasons why their previous emails bounced such as transferring to a new employer
- With the benefits of the 2-Way SMS solutions, the Fund can now have more engagement and disseminate information about their products and services.
Rob Dawson our client from Australian Catholic Superannuation shared how they were able to reduce the amount of hard and soft bounces in their email sends, with the opportunity to improve their delivery rate and member satisfaction and how they achieved a response rate of 56%.
Download the case study here.